Thursday

Are you *still* trying to keep up with the Joneses?

Now, y'all should know better. But for reinforcement, look no further than this quote:

People are still trying to keep up with the Joneses, but they don't know how much in debt the Joneses are.

- From 6 ways to be a grown-up about debt.

(The article details a couple that is drowning in debt and what people, in general, should do to change their thinking when it comes to money.)

This is SO true.

Thankfully, in the last year or so, I find that my thinking has changed a bit when it comes toward the proverbial Joneses. I still lust after things - all the time, actually - especially when I see younger people with expensive and nice-looking stuff - toys, cars, clothes, whatever! But now, my second thought, after the initial lust, is to wonder what sort of debt those folks, or their parents, are in. It helps curb the envy and keeps me on track!

Whatever works, right?

Clink

2 comments:

btc said...

When I start lusting for things I remember what I have to give up for it. A house, money in the bank, and the peace of mind of knowing I'm not thousands of dollars in credit card debt.

Clink said...

Yup, that's right on the money (literally)!