Monday

Mary Hunt & Debt-Proof Living

One of the financial philosophies that I subscribe to is Mary Hunt's Debt-Proof Living. I read her book, Debt-Proof Living: The Complete Guide to Living Financially Free, at least once every year.



I don't follow her formula (10% giving, 10% saving, 80% all else), but that doesn't mean that it's bad or I'm a naughty PF blogger. What's important is the message she's sending out. Reading the book and, occassionally, her website reinforces my drive to be debt-free and maintain healthy money principles. Even when I was debt-free (which was up until about 2 years ago), I read her book and the newsletter she sends out.

I encourage you to click the link and purchase a copy, but if you can't or won't buy it, no worries. I guarantee that the library will have it.

Clink

4 comments:

btc said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a good personal finance book to start off with. I read Suze Orman's YB&F book, which is decent if you know absolutely nothing about personal finance (like me).

Clink said...

Hope it helps. If you're not religious (like me), ignore the Christian/God references.

btc said...

I went to the library the other day to look for the book and was surprised they didn't have it. I think I may buy it next month when my money isn't so tight.

Clink said...

Wow, that is really strange. You may be able to request that book, if you really don't want to buy it. But it's a great book, so it's worth it.